Sunday, December 20, 2009

Any good recipes for tuna steaks?

My doctor said if it don't swim or fly (as far as meat goes) don't eat it. I need some good seafood recipes that aren't fried.Any good recipes for tuna steaks?
Season Tuna steaks with garlic salt/pepper


Grill half way through, turn and cook half way through. (Sorry, I don't care what they say, I like my fish cooked through).


Here's the sauce. It won't burn. Use it all the way through cooking and make enough to dip bites in.


1 1/2 sticks butter (your Dr. will love that, ha)


1 lemon, squeezed and throw the rind in.


Fresh Basil (5 or 6 big leaves...how you like it. I like alot)





Also, use a steamer (pam spray steamer bowl) to steam Tuna to use in other regular recipies such as tuna sandwiches, tuna casserole, etc.....just like you would canned. My steamer says-1 inch thick, 18 minutes.Any good recipes for tuna steaks?
Please know that you can't freeze Tuna. Also, you will realize that fresh Tuna is VERY filling so, you don't need much. If you have any other fish cooking needs you can email me off my avatar. Report Abuse

Marinate the tuna or swordfish, in a marinade of Worcestershire sauce , lemon juice, cracked black pepper, and a little olive oil. No salt! Let it set for 1-3 hours before grilling, you will love it.
My favorite: Seared Ahi. Get a piece or two of fresh Ahi (aka yellowfin) tuna. Rub a little bit of olive oil on all sides, then roll in a a mixture of breadcrumbs (Italian are good), a few spices (even a mix, like Mrs. Dash, or whatever) and sesame seeds. Throw a squirt of olive oil in a HOT (cast iron, if possible) pan, and toss the steaks in there. Give them less than a minute per side, and you'll get a KILLER (albeit nearly raw) Seared Ahi!





If you like it cooked all the way through, just leave it in a bit longer....but I'm telling you, the seared on the outside/raw on the inside is the good stuff!





Enjoy!
Start with a really high quality piece of tuna, from a fish market or upscale grocery store like Whole Foods. Heat up a non stick pan with a little bit of olive oil till really HOT.





Coat both sides of the tuna with kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and sesame seeds. Sear the tuna just until the edges turn white. Inside should still be raw.





Remove the tuna from the pan and heat up a little soy sauce, maybe some sesame oil and scallions...whatever you like. Pour over the tuna and serve with wasabi and pickled ginger.
go to allrecipes.com!
soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger for a maranade and sauce.


Very good chinese sauce.
This is my favorite and the easiest. I never had the guts to try to cook tuna myself until I tried this one
There's a link listed for tuna steak recipes.
Food for thought, how many old doctors do you know??? Eat what you want in moderation and red meat is an important source of protein that has gotten a bad rap lately. Recent reports of contaminated tuna, especially from other countries and the pollution going into the oceans makes me wonder how safe it is also. Vary your diet, because you will get tired of one thing and won't stick to it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment