Sunday, December 20, 2009

What some of your favorite Tuna Salad/Sandwich recipes?

Also what are some other cheap and easy Tuna dishes?





I've been addicted to Tuna lately...What some of your favorite Tuna Salad/Sandwich recipes?
I love this variation! It rocks!





Kickin鈥?Tuna Salad





1 can Tuna


1 陆 tsp. horseradish


2 shakes Tabasco sauce


1 small dill pickle


1 shake cayenne


1 Tbs. or more of Mayonnaise


1/2 stalk of celery


Diced Red Pepper, optional to taste


Squirt of brown mustard





In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well. Cover and let rest overnight in a refrigerator for the best flavor. Makes 2 to 3 sandwiches or 1 big salad.














What some of your favorite Tuna Salad/Sandwich recipes?
I tried a new recipe for tartar sauce and had some left over after the dinner. I decided to use it to make up some tuna salad - it was great. It seemed so logical afterwards - tartar sauce has the mayo, relish etc. and is good with fish.





A deli by my office made tuna salad (a basic mix) and then put it on whole wheat bread with a bit of brie cheese and honey mustard. It sounded like a weird combination, but it was good too.
This is going to sound weird but its really good.





Mix tuna w/mayo, celery


On a hard roll - put the tuna, spread cream cheese (yes, cream cheese) on one side of the roll, to this add black olives and red onions and provalone cheese.The mayo and cream cheese together somehow makes a real tasty sandwich.
I love adding hard boiled egg and any kind of relish to this wonderful nutritious food. I am from Alaska and I make the same with salmon too. I fish every year and I am a woman. I like heavier on mustard than mayo because mustard has less fat content. I also love tuna casserole with homemade white sauce and cheese.
For an easy tuna salad:





mix one can tuna, with a little mayo, and some relish. Spread on two pieces bread and ENJOY!





Go to Starkist.com for more ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment